About Me

My photo
I shoot photos and videos of mostly outdoor and lifestyle. I love to fish so the main focus of that of fishing. I run a website called Saltyshores.com and use it to share my adventures through life. Hope you enjoy my blog.

Friday, November 27, 2009

11.27.2009 Marsh Works lures and snook fishing on Thanksgiving day

11.27.2009

By Sam Root of Saltyshores.com



I did not expect many to be at the ramp since it was Thanksgving and all but surprisingly there were plenty of people fishing. Not like a weekend but we were definitely not the only the sole out there.

With the hard westerly winds yesterday the water was high. I didn't bring a spinning rod as I wanted to practice my fly fishing. Edwin poled me around some but the water was too high and murky most of the time. I had 1 shot on the fly and the snook did not eat. I poled him around the deeper areas as he blind casted jigs. He got two snooks to the boat but overall it was kind of slow. We saw only 2 red and most snooks were cruising around.



Today "black friday" I was suppose to fish Grouper on fly but the wind directions just was not cooperating today. It was canceled to reshoot another day.

I stayed at home and catch up on things. One of the project that is pending is a product shoot for Marsh works lures. They make spinner baits, corks with spinners, soft plastics and jig heads. To  me, the most impressive thing they have is the jig heads. It has a semi weedless shallow head. Lifelike eyes and the hook looks to be pretty sturdy looking. Lots of useful colors as well as my favorite yellow chartreuse.

I will be doing some lifestyle type shots with the lures on the water. Here are a few I shot of the jig heads today using a macro lens. I used some water to give it a little feel.












Followers

Search This Blog