About Me

My photo
I shoot photos and videos of mostly outdoor and lifestyle. I love to fish so the main focus of that of fishing. I run a website called Saltyshores.com and use it to share my adventures through life. Hope you enjoy my blog.

Monday, November 30, 2009

New way to post fishing destination postings. Answers lots of questions about gear and travel info.



The Location: Louisiana with Captain Greg Dini

The Food: Do Visit Drago's for dinner excellent fare. Grilled Oysters appetizer is their signature dish.

Do not go to Mulates New Orleans : The zydeco music was good but the food was crazy salty. I think this place was good once, but for whatever reason it has lost it's ways.

The Accommodations: We stayed at the Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel New Orleans. Beautiful 4 star hotel. I got at deal on it using priceline and paid only $61 a night! It's 3 blocks away from he French quarters and Bourbon street. I wouldn't stay there if I had to pay full price but for $61 for a 4 star hotel was an awesome deal!

Interesting places we visited: Aquarium of the Americas , Very cool aquarium. Good place to kill some time when the weather isn't so great for fishing.

The Boat: Inshore Power Boats

Fishing Gear: Loop Fly Gear for the reels we used the 9wt and the 10wt when it was windy. G.loomis Rods Cross Current GLX for the 9wt and Pro1 for the 10wt.

Apparel: Simms Fly Fishing, very durable and functional fishing apparel. I used it up in Alaska and it works great in L.A.

Camera Gears Used in this production: Nikon D300s DSLR and Canon Xh-a1s

Followers

Search This Blog